List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Undo framework
From:       Andrea Rizzi <rizzi () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-02-09 10:40:04

On Fri, 9 Feb 2001, Werner Trobin wrote:
> What you could do easily (and this is also the way how undo/redo will
> be done in KWord and KPresenter using the new text edit from Qt is:
> add a signal (formulaChanged) and two slots (undo/redo) to the formula
> "widget". Then the application author has to connect to that signal and
> add a pseudo-command to his global command history on any change. As
> soon as the user presses Undo/Redo and such a pseudo command is supposed
> to be undone the program activates the undo slot from your "widget". Then
> your library will undo the command using its local command history.
Yes, this mau be a solution, we will do something like that may be the
formulaChanged signal could pass a i18n string to say what the
modify (and so the undo/redo) is about.

Bye

Registered Linux User No.71426  |       ***  KDE Project  ***
        Andrea Rizzi		|  http://www.kde.org/
mailto:	Andrea.Rizzi@sns.it    	|  http://www.kde.org/international/italy
	rizzi@cibs.sns.it   	|  Projects: KOffice,KFinger,KTranslator,
	rizzi@kde.org		|  Italian translations teamleader