List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Tru64 patches for current CVS ...
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-01-02 22:59:32

Koffice notice: see remark about kivio and dlopen further down.

On Monday 01 January 2001 12:14, Thomas Leitner wrote:
> Happy new year to everybody,
>
> I've appended some Tru64/CXX patches to get the current CVS checkout
> compiled under Tru64 with Compaq CXX here. I'd appreciate if someone could
> review the patches and commit them.
>
> Thanks // Tom
>
> Here are my comments to the particular patches:
>
> RCS file: /home6/kde2/repository/kdebase/config.h.bot,v
>     kdm requires snprintf which was not defined anywhere. Additionally
>     snprintf is in libkdecore.

Copied the check from kdelibs/config.h.bot

> RCS file: /home6/kde2/repository/kdebase/kdm/Makefile.am,v
>     Link kdm with libkdecore for snprintf.

Hmm.. Linking against libkdecore for one function? I guess it doesn't matter
much because it needs to load it eventually anyway.

> RCS file: /home6/kde2/repository/kdebase/kdm/greeter/kgreeter.cpp,v
>     CXX complains about multiply defined symbols in the #ifdef GREET_LIB
>     section. Under Tru64, the complete #ifdef GREET_LIB section can
>     be removed because everything's already defined in greeter.h.
>     However I'm not sure if this can be done under Linux as well so
>     I've put an #ifndef __osf__ there.

That's strange. greet.h declares the variables but doesn't define them.
(Do I say that right, I always mix those two up)
In kgreeter.cpp they get defined and initialized.
* Not changed yet!

> RCS file: /home6/kde2/repository/kdebase/kioslave/imap4/mailheader.cc,v
>     Tru64 doesn't have ostream.h, only ostream.

Changed to iostream.h

> RCS file: /home6/kde2/repository/kdebase/kioslave/imap4/mailheader.h,v
>     Time.h needs to be included first of all to avoid weird include
>     file dependencies.

Done

> RCS file: /home6/kde2/repository/kdebase/kioslave/imap4/mimehdrline.cc,v
>     Time.h needs to be included first of all to avoid weird include
>     file dependencies.

Done

> RCS file: /home6/kde2/repository/kdebase/kioslave/imap4/mimeheader.cc,v
>     Time.h needs to be included first of all to avoid weird include
>     file dependencies, need iostream.h rather than ostream.h

Done

> RCS file: /home6/kde2/repository/kdebase/kioslave/imap4/mimeio.cc,v
>     Need iostream rather than ostream.h

Done

> RCS file: /home6/kde2/repository/kdebase/libkonq/konq_iconviewwidget.cc,v
>     Variable length arrarys are not supported by CXX. Hence the "new"

Done by simon :-)

> RCS file: /home6/kde2/repository/kdenetwork/kmailcvt/filter_ldif.cxx,v
>     need iostream for cin/cout

Added.

> RCS file: /home6/kde2/repository/kdenetwork/kmailcvt/filters.hxx,v
>     CXX doesn't allow two method arguments with the same name.

Was already fixed.

> RCS file: /home6/kde2/repository/kdenetwork/kmailcvt/pablib.hxx,v
>     CXX doesn't allow two method arguments with the same name.

Was already fixed.

> RCS file: /home6/kde2/repository/kdenetwork/knode/knconfig.h,v
>     CXX doesn't allow two method arguments with the same name.

Was already fixed.

> RCS file: /home6/kde2/repository/kdegames/kbackgammon/kbgfibs.cpp,v
>     CXX does not support the __FUNCTION__ macro.

Hardcoded the function name.

> RCS file: /home6/kde2/repository/kdegames/kbackgammon/kbgfibs.h,v
>     CXX doesn't allow two method arguments with the same name.

Code no longer exists.

> RCS file: /home6/kde2/repository/kdegames/kbackgammon/kfibschat.cpp,v
>     CXX does not support the __FUNCTION__ macro.

Hardcoded the function name.

> RCS file: /home6/kde2/repository/koffice/config.h.bot,v
>     some file in kivio is messing with dlopen and needs this
>     constant which is not defined under Tru64.

It might be smarter if kivio used KLibrary or the functionality provided by
libltdl since their goal is to provide abstraction from the OS so that we
don't have to add stuff like this.

> RCS file:
> /home6/kde2/repository/koffice/filters/olefilters/powerpoint97/Makefile.am,
>v Need additional include files from there.

Fixed already

> RCS file:
> /home6/kde2/repository/koffice/filters/olefilters/winword97/msword.cc,v
> This kdDebug statement failed because the kdDebug output
>     stream does not support the m_mainStream data type.

Fixed already.

> RCS file: /home6/kde2/repository/koffice/kimageshop/core/kis_doc.cc,v
>     No istream.h and ostream.h here.

iostream.h should be enough, shouldn't it?

> RCS file: /home6/kde2/repository/koffice/kimageshop/core/kis_log.h,v
>     need iostream for cin/cout

Added.

> RCS file: /home6/kde2/repository/koffice/kivio/kiviopart/kivio_doc.cpp,v
>     The "it" iterator is already defined in an outer loop. The compiler
>     complains about ambiguous definitions. I've renamed the inner loop
>     iterator from "it" to "iti".

Changed.

> RCS file:
> /home6/kde2/repository/koffice/kivio/kiviopart/kiviosdk/kivio_connector_tar
>get.h,v CXX does not allow inline functions without a body!

Changed.

> RCS file:
> /home6/kde2/repository/koffice/kivio/kiviopart/kiviosdk/kivio_plugin_stenci
>l_spawner.cpp,v need config.h for the dlopen constant

Not changed, see my remark about libltdl, KLibrary.

> RCS file:
> /home6/kde2/repository/koffice/kivio/kiviopart/tklib/tkfloatspinboxaction.c
>pp,v all these lines with "void xxxxx" look like function declarations in
> the middle of a method and CXX complains about it -> changed from void xxxx
> to (void) xxxx.

Changed.

> RCS file: /home6/kde2/repository/koffice/kivio/kiviopart/ui/Makefile.am,v
>     need additional include directories

Fixed already.

> RCS file:
> /home6/kde2/repository/kdemultimedia/noatun/noatun/library/engine.h,v CXX
> does not allow for inline functions without a body.

Changed.

> RCS file:
> /home6/kde2/repository/kdemultimedia/noatun/noatun/library/plugin.cpp,v
> need iostream for cin/cout

No cin/cout used any more.

> RCS file:
> /home6/kde2/repository/kdemultimedia/noatun/noatun/modules/artseffects/extr
>astereo_impl.cc,v need iostream for cin/cout

Commented cout usage out, seems to be for debugging only.

> RCS file:
> /home6/kde2/repository/kdemultimedia/noatun/noatun/modules/voiceprint/prefs
>.cpp,v Somehow CXX didn't digest the original construct. I needed to declare
> the variables separately and pass them to setColor.

Changed.

> RCS file:
> /home6/kde2/repository/kdesdk/kbabel/kbabeldict/modules/dbsearchengine/Make
>file.am,v need additional include directories to find all *.h files.

Fixed already I think.

> RCS file:
> /home6/kde2/repository/kdesdk/kbabel/kbabeldict/modules/dbsearchengine/dbsc
>an.cpp,v needed an additional cast because d.entryInfoList returns a const.

Code has changed.

Cheers,
Waldo
--