List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Where to put shared WMF (Windows Meta File) parser code?
From:       Thomas <zander () xs4all ! nl>
Date:       2000-12-11 22:29:58

> Thomas,
>
> >But I am wondering (sorry haven't followed everything) why any classes
> >outside of the
> >filtering classes should know anything about WMF.
> >If I guess correctly that only the filter classes do calls to the WMF libs
> >you created,
> >you might consider koffice/filters/wmflib.
>
> Good question! Glad to see you are paying attention! Actually, it is because
> killustrator can include a WMF file as a QPixmap (uneditable)
> as well as a set of vector graphics (via the filter).

But why not convert the WMF file to a QPixmap or a KIllustratorXML-file (vector).

I thought an open-file command whould call the filters recursively until everything is
converted to the local file-formats. Therefor no-one outside the filters uses the wmf-lib.

If a Word doc embeds a WMF-vector image kword calls the wmf filter which returns a
killustrator part (or something similar) right?

Or is the problem that the calling application (in this case kword) does not know what
type of image is going to be returned; a bitmap or a vector image? In that case we must
enable parts to change owner after a filter returns a type..