List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    kword-fileformat
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () xs4all ! nl>
Date:       2000-12-03 21:22:19

I have made some changes in the DTD of kword. Among these changes is the upgrade to
version 2.

These changes are not because of the new engine, but since I have started looking at a lot
of code I have formerly ignored I have seen problems.

Notice also that I am not doing all this directly in code, just letting you know
of what is going on. (hoping people have some time to spent as well ;)

* The LAYOUT tag which exists in the <PARAGRAPH> section has been trimmed.
You could define a whole style there, now you are allowed less.
The things removed there:
  - name
  - following
  - offsets (this has never been used..)
  - counter
I added
  - counterstart

* I dont think you should be able to change the numbering style per paragraph. Only
per style, which then affect all the paragraphs. The numbering is something which
should be adjustable.

* The old DTD was actually lying about the INDENT tag, they ware done differently in code.
The way it is (and has been) described now is how it should be done in code as well.
For who wants to know, the tag ILEFT and the tag IFIRST are curently used to save this.

* Removed the author and email adres attributes of the DOC tag. This is described in the
documentinfo.xml file.

Added lots of comments to the dtd/kword.dtd
made a backup of the old kword file to dtd/kword-v1.dtd