List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: An internationalization patch of KSpread and KChart
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-11-30 10:48:09

On Thursday 30 November 2000 05:46, Toshitaka Fujioka wrote:
> This problem was a bug by toDouble( bool *ok ) of qt-2.2.2.
>
> Therefore, please do not mind,
[snip]

I suppose this means to _forget_ this part of the patch, right ?
Laurent, check you haven't applied it ! :)

> May I ask a favor of you?
>
> Because there are various patches for KDE and Qt in this page
> ( http://www.kde.gr.jp/patch/ ) , please watch once.
> There is a simple commentary of English about each patch.

Hmm, I see more hacks than good patches there... :(

Why isn't it enough to call fromLocal8Bit in kaiman ?
What's QT_UNICODE and why do you force latin1 in khtml ?
You changed .ascii in .latin1 in korganizer, but they do the same thing :)
The korganizer patch shows some interesting errors though.

Please send the kwin-nofreeze patch to ettrich@kde.org and explain him
the reason for the patch.

The kicker patch is not necessary, already fixed.

KIllustrator, KWord and KPresenter guys : please have a look at the patches.
They add the "micro focus hint" thing, necessary for asian users
(C/J/K) so that they can compose multi-keystrokes characters
(they type two or three keys, see the intermediate result in a special widget,
and the result is a single character that goes into the document). That's how
you can have >2000 different characters and a 101-keys keyboard :-)

What's m17n ? :)

http://www.mandrakesoft.com/~david/, http://www.konqueror.org/