List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: (no subject)
From:       "Shaheed Haque" <shaheedhaque () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2000-11-23 21:36:28

Well, I don't know if a simple rule can cover all cases, but I have the
opinion that the split between saving with the document and saving with the
application can be made on the basis "does this have semantic value for the
user's data?".

For me, the choice of displaying a toolbar in a drawing application is a
user preference - when the drawing is sent to a colleague the toolbar is not
that useful (for the marginal cases, my colleague can simply reenable the
grid). And he may have his own preferences for the toolbar.

Now, the grid case is less clear, but even then for a killustrator, it seems
like a tool setting. The kvivio case may be different.

At the opposite extreme would be red-lined text in a document. If the author
inteded to delete it, he would have done. Thus, this data must be saved with
the document.

Now, this is a little subjective, but I hope this thought helps.

Thanks, Shaheed