List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KOffice & theKompany
From:       Thomas <zander () xs4all ! nl>
Date:       2000-11-13 10:08:46

I grew up with the believe that it is always better to give then to take.
I have matured to find out that when you give you actually get something
back, as long as you work with people that have the same ideas about
giving instead of taking.

The thing I like about open source programming is that all people contributing
think that way.

I agree that 'the world' thinks that giving away development time is stupid
and the people who are programming OSS are fools. But I believe TheKompany
is an exception to that rule. We had a good discussion on the business model
of TheKompany because that is something we all fear. We fear that anyCompany
comes around the corner takes all there is to take and moves on.

The business model of TheKompany (I won't explain it, better leave that
to Shawn) is based on the same things we have chosen KDE for. For the way
we are visible if we place a good product in the market.

I think that you have little to worry about on the 'taking' part
of theKompany.

ps. 40+ is no problem in Holland(/Europe) if you are qualified, you'll get
hired. Maybe you want to relocate ;-)