List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: new filter
From:       Andreas Lauser <andlaus () gmx ! de>
Date:       2000-11-12 13:44:39

On Sun, 12 Nov 2000, Shaheed Haque wrote:
> I get exactly this problem if I have an unresolved symbol in my filter.
> perhaps this is getting you too.
>
> BTW: if anyone has any ideas on how to detect/print which symbol failed to
> resolve, that would save some of my remaining hair...

I'm not really sure if there is a more clean way by using KDE's shared
library loader,  but a call of dlerror() should return an error message
describing the first unresolved symbol (it's in <dlfcn.h>). It's unclean, as
it bypasses the KDE's so loader (KLibLoader). Furthermore if it was called
before, it will return a nullpointer (for details see dlfcn.h).

-- AND