On Saturday 04 November 2000 22:58, Thomas wrote: > > Ok, while doing all these changes, I think we should also change the file > > format of KWord (that is actually the main reason why I write that mail). > > I'd like to define a new one which is clean XML, easier to read/parse, > > etc. Here I'd really like input from the people writing filters (esp. > > Shaheed), as they know best about file formats. But I think it is really > > worth defining a new one as the old one was not what I call clean... > > I presume you are talking about the DTD here. > > The design is pretty much top-down in the XML, plus the way things are > structured look good to me. It keeps good internal consistency (all > variables are done in xml-tags that are (almost) always present.) > > The only 2 things I would change are > - make a tag groupmanager which contains its frame(set)s > - provide the option to keep the styles in an external file. But that is > not a DTD specific option. > > If I am not mistaking styles can already be based on other styles in the > DTD, so that is not a problem. > > What kind of stuff ware you thinking about? I do not like the way formats are saved. After the paragraph text we have ... ... ... ... I'd prefer if we would have a style collection where we have And then in the paragraph just .... That's the biggest thing, I'd like to change. Then there is smaller stuff like defining defaults and only saving what is different from that, etc. -- Reggie (reggie@trolltech.com) _______________________________________________ Koffice-devel mailing list Koffice-devel@master.kde.org http://master.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/koffice-devel