List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Kimageshop GUI.
From:       John Califf <jcaliff () compuzone ! net>
Date:       2000-10-21 3:13:38

Thomas wrote:

> > Krayon currently uses two different kind of multiple view interfaces -
> > one for the image itself, allowing editing of multiple images in one
> > frame and switching with the tabs, and one for the side panel which
> > holds brushes, layer info, etc.
>
> Ok, you asked for comments, you got them, I think you are completely free
> to do with kimageshop as you please. So Ignore my comments as you please ;)

Of course I haven't ignored your comments, because I responded to them,
to explain certain advantages of multiple view interfaces.  And I
certainly am not completely free to do with Kimageshop as I please!
Other people are involved, and there must be a concensus to make major
changes. I'd never make major changes without posting them here first,
because other people here do know more than I do about graphics
processing and have opinions on gui design, and many other things which
are needed for a good app, like common code for KOffice.

> I only want to stress that the program should work about the same (to the
> user) as all the kde applications.
>
> But those points we agree upon ;)
>
> And things like layer order are really trivial stuff in the gui, it is
> just that most people are used to the way it works in most Apple/Windows
> software packages.
>
> > Thanks for testing this app.   I have been away for a few days but plan
> > to get back to work on Krayon starting tommorow.
>
> Happy hacking.
>
> --

Thanks again for compiling and testing and your critique which will
provide material for yet others to respond to.

John