List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    QTableView and QTableWidget performance
From:       Carl Schumann <schumann () fnal ! gov>
Date:       2011-12-19 19:28:44

Hi,

I am working on an application for which a QTableWidget or QTableView
would be the obvious to me choice.   Unfortunately, I get sluggish
behavior.   I took a look at KOffice's spreadsheet program, kspread.
It also has a need for a similar user interface and its performance on
my systems is acceptable.   When I dig into the kpsread code it appears
they are not using the QTableWidget or QTableView for the sheets in the
workbook, but instead using lower level Qt to manage the sheet user
interface.

Am I correct that KOffice does not QTableWidget/View for the sheets
UI?   Was this done for performance reasons?

Any insight would be appreciated please.  Thanks for any help.

Sincerely,
Carl Schumann