List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: koffice
From:       brian () amason ! net
Date:       2011-02-04 15:05:23

On Fri, February 4, 2011 5:01 am, koffice-devel-request@kde.org wrote:
> Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 10:27:06 -0800
> From: "Aaron J. Seigo"
>
> On Wednesday, February 2, 2011, brian wrote:
>>
>> Let's have a listing of who's developing what in which group.
>
> actually, that's already been done afaik :)
>
> well, from the Calligra side. what's missing is a similar census of
> koffice
> developers.

That was part of my point. We hear lots from the Calligra side, but until
very recently, only one that I can recall, from the other. But I don't
spend anytime in irc, and I know that it's not a one against the horde.
They have largely been silent. For what reason, I certainly don't know.
Intimidated, or afraid to show support for, or whatever.

I find it odd, that no "group A" IRC has been created. Obviously, if those
in group A wanted to have private conversations about development, that is
the logical solution. I would expect the application of logic amongst a
group of dedicated, intelligent, coders. Which you all must be. Sure, most
often when you get a group of intelligent, dedicated coders together, you
also get a lot of opinion and know-it-allness [patent pending, jk]. Not to
mention that on the Internet we all tend to be a bit more out there than
we would ever be in person. It's much easier to be intentionally, or
unintentionally rude when typing on a faceless, expressionless keyboard.
If everyone had a 6-7 year old child handy to proofread postings, we'd all
be much nicer online. I find myself changing my habits after seeing the
impact of my behavior reflected in a first grader. ;')

It is, btw, my intention to contribute to both.

If this infighting ever stops, and peace is achieved. I have enough drama
in my life. I'm a parent.

Best wishes,
Brian