List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Continuing Community Issues
From:       Cyrille Berger Skott <cberger () cberger ! net>
Date:       2011-02-01 8:20:02

Hi,

A few comments:

1) noone will be begruged by calligra, ie koffice group B, developers for
contributing to any other project, that include koffice group A. I know that
Inge told you that, but I feel that it needs to be restated firmly.
2) noone from calligra, ie koffice group B, will interefer with any discussion
concerning the future development of koffice group A on this mailing-list or
on the IRC channel, as long as it does not concern the koffice name (and until
the arbitration process has been resolved), and that calligra is not mentioned
in a wrong way (for instance, we will react if someone say that calligra is
only for meego), in which case we will only correct the wrong statement.
3) kivio (and other applications, except kword) have choosen to be developed
in Calligra, the lead developer of Group A has agreed to rename those
applications when forking them into Group A. This rename has not happen and
leads to confusion. When a user comes asking a question about kivio, it is
only logical to redirect him to where kivio is. If Group A had proceed to the
rename of kivio, and someone would ask a question about the application
"newnameforkivio", I would agree that Group B people should shut up.

--
Cyrille Berger Skott