List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    [announce] /trunk/koffice moved to git
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2011-01-19 9:41:03

After a lot of hard work, but mostly by my computers, the conversion to git is
ready and can be seen at https://projects.kde.org/projects/koffice

The repository contains full history from day one. As an added bonus you will
not find the applications in it that are not part of the project 'group a' and
also some (flake) plugins are not part of this repo. This is in line with the
idea that plugin development should happen outside of the koffice repo.

The plugins are in separate repos available already, see the above page.
The contents can easiest be checked using gitweb;
https://projects.kde.org/projects/koffice/repository

I noticed that sysadmin made the repo read-only for now, I'm a bit confused why
and will talk to them, but the goal is that the git repo is the only place for
koffice development now.

As an aside, as some of you know the name "koffice" (i.e. trademark) has been
claimed by calligra as theirs to control.
This is disputed and this dispute is ongoing.
This moving of the main repo from /trunk/koffice to git:koffice.git is just a
natural move and has no effect on this dispute.
If anything it helps as a git repo can be renamed even easier than an svn dir.
--
Thomas Zander