List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: What is "permute fixation"?
From:       Johannes Simon <johannes.simon () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-11-19 12:27:43

"Show all possible references" is closer, but not entirely correct. "Permute" means \
"to rearrange", so this action will switch through all possible combinations of fixed \
(absolute) and relative configurations of a cell reference. The shortcut is F4, so \
hitting F4 in the cell editor will change a reference, assuming it is simply "A3", to \
the following every time you hit F4:

B3 -> B$3 -> $B3 -> $B$3 -> B3 -> ...

However, I agree with Carlos that this is probably a pure overkill of the UI options. \
Doing it by hand is much quicker. For a range, e.g. "B3:D10", there is 16 (instead of \
4 as in the example above) possible permutations, so it would take quite long until \
you get what you want.