List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kexi] Re: How to install Kexi (Jaroslaw Staniek)
From:       Jaroslaw Staniek <staniek () kde ! org>
Date:       2010-11-16 12:32:06

On 16 November 2010 13:15, Jaroslaw Staniek <staniek@kde.org> wrote:
> On 16 November 2010 13:07, Ian "Witty" Whitfield
> <editor@federalsaints.net> wrote:
>> Thanks for the reply Jaroslaw

>> Jaroslaw replied...
>>> Hello Ian,
>>> What is your operating system and its version?
>>>
>>> Kexi package(s) are available in the same places as KOffice packages.
>>> This is documented athttp://userbase.kde.org/KOffice/Download
>>>
>>> This may help (or we may need to update this page). Everyone can!
>>>

>> My Operating System is Kubuntu 10.04, (soon to move to 10.10), and I
>> also have Mint 9 KDE running here as well. (Sorry I should have
>> mentioned this!!)
>>
>> I went to the page you pointed me to and ran the commands there - No Kexi!!
>>
>> So I thought maybe I must remove all the stuff I have done already first
>> so I removed KOffice completely.
>>
>> I then ran the commands again - No KOffice at all!!
>>
>> So I rebooted the computer and then I had KOffice back BUT STILL NO KEXI!!!!
>>
>> What am I missing!!!????
>
> "To obtain KOffice 2.2.0 enable the official backports repository and
> update your system.
> Refer to  help.ubuntu.com for detailed instructions how to add a repository:
>
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Repositories/Kubuntu
> "

I find this description unlucky. 10.4 apparently has no Kexi:
http://userbase.kde.org/KOffice/Download#Ubuntu_and_Kubuntu

Ubuntu/Kubuntu users, please give one minute favour to your
distribution and its users and if this is not accurate please update
the page... Just insert proper recipe and commands. Thanks.

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek
 http://www.linkedin.com/in/jstaniek