List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Principles for new name
From:       brian () amason ! net
Date:       2010-11-08 17:28:36

First off. I don't really understand the whole we'll be better off
splitting in two fiasco. I think the whole thing is going to damage K
Office (which I think is a perfectly suitable name). But, then I'm a late
comer, and haven't lived it.

But I think y'all are overanalyzin'.

Given you prefer "suite" over "office".
A little brainstorming might produce names like:

Babs  = Babs, A Business Suite. Also a play on a, granted cultish, Sci-fi
story.

Abs = A Business Suite. Also plays on lean muscle power.
Aos = An Office Suite. Straight forward.
Aeros = An Excellent Real Office Suite. Symbolically taking you to new
heights.
KOs = KDE Office Suite. A knockout of a name.
Etius = Suite backwards of course.
Usite = another palindrome of suite.

Any name you pick will be hard to pronounce in some language. Just try not
to pick one that is a curse/insult word in another language (good luck
with that one too). Take my name for example. Go on try to put in French.
My native French teacher couldn't (so she chose my middle name). Nor could
my Alsatian grandmother. Go figure.

No matter what name you pick you'll have to deal with different
pronunciations between Romance languages, Germanic (vowel shifted)
languages, Semitic, Asiatic, and Slavic languages, just for starters. If
you start worrying too much about pronunciations and spellings you'll be
deciding names to the Omega event.

Just my not so humble two cents. Hopefully, I didn't insult too many with
my unasked for contribution.

Regards,
Brian