List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: help koffice: fix a test and report it here
From:       Inge Wallin <inge () lysator ! liu ! se>
Date:       2010-11-06 15:48:28

On Saturday, November 06, 2010 14:22:36 Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Saturday 06 November 2010, Jos van den Oever wrote:
> > To find, where in the code most crashes occur, have a look at the file
> > backtraces.svg that can be found under 'Artifacts'. I have attached the
> > latest one to this mail. I connects the code points leading to a crash
> > in a nice graph. If the line is thicker, more files cause this crash.
>
> I guess you compile with asserts enabled?
>
> Looks like the biggest problems are here:
>
> Axis.cpp
>
>     KDChartModel *newModel = dynamic_cast<KDChartModel*>(
> newDiagram->model() ); // FIXME: This causes a crash on unimplemented
> types. We should //        handle that in some other way.
>     Q_ASSERT( newModel );
>

> And it also shows why those files crash: the chart model is
> unimplemented... Josim, Inge -- what would be the "other way" to handle
> that?

I see two ways to handle it:
 - Show some other type of chart.
 - Show a gray area and maybe some text "unhandled char type"

Any of these would be acceptable, while a crash is of course not.  Which chart
type are there that cause crashes?  I thought that Johannes, Björn and
Sebsauer had implemented all types now.