List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    KPlato questions
From:       "Dmitry S. Makovey" <dimon () makovey ! net>
Date:       2010-10-31 19:28:50

Hi,

I may be posting to the wrong ML but my gut feeling is that I would end
up here anyway.

1. I have tried using librcps with KPlato (compiled against it and
plugin is built) in version 2.2.2 and 2.3b2 - but I see no way of using
it. Am I missing something or should I be programmatically enabling it
via scripts etc.?

2. Is there a documentation on plugin building for KPlato or at least
some standalone sample. I have some very specific problem (
http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=96&t=91177 ) and my feeling is that
I may have to dig into scheduler to make it do what I need, however I
haven't done much C/C++ lately (let alone KDE/Qt development in those
languages) so if possible I'd rather tackle it from Python, however I
will put some effort into tweaking existing scheduler into doing what I
need if it comes to it. I would rather avoid running patched version of
KPlato on my machine and implement "clean" plugin based on existing
ones, but I need some "kickstart info" on building and some knowledge on
how to enable those plugins (see my question #1).

(BTW I have tried KPlato on Gentoo, Fedora and Ubuntu. On Gentoo I
custom-built package for librcps and built kplato-2.2.2 with it, on
Ubuntu 2.3b2 comes with librcps dependency built-in and on Fedora I
think there is no librcps or at least I can't check it right now - it's
on my office machine)