List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Add Gaussian Blur to Shape Shadow
From:       Sven Langkamp <sven.langkamp () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-10-31 10:06:03

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 10:44 AM, Yue Liu <opuspace@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there a simple method to blur a QPixmap object? I only found
> QGraphicsBlurEffect but it only works on QGraphicsItem.

There is a class BlurEffect in Karbon that can do this with a QImage. It
would probably be possible to use the filter framework to do a blurred
shadow.

Saving the blur to ODF is tricky as ODF doesn't support blur for shapes by
default. In the past we did add custom attributes, but newer ODF version
don't allow that anymore. So it needs to be added in the metadata for
example.