List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KOffice split
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2010-10-23 10:43:34

On Saturday 23 October 2010, Yue Liu wrote:
> Kivio currently doesn't have any maintainer...
> What is the requirement and responsibility to be a maintainer? I'm
> interested in it.

It depends a bit on the maintainer :-). I think it's my task to help people get \
started working on Krita and try to make them feel at home, reply to bug reports in a \
timely manner, make sure there's a vision for the application we're working on, keep \
the team in good spirits and productive, be around for questions from users and nag \
people when unittests break. Blog, blog and blog. Make sure people get to know about \
Krita. The fun stuff, in fact :-)

For Kivio, the situation is a bit different, probably. There's no real team yet, \
though there's a lot of interest. So you'd need to do coding -- and at the same time, \
keep a steady stream of little tidbits of info about progress coming out, as blogs on \
planetkde.org, by denting or twittering. Only if people know that there's active \
development going on will they come and join up.

Formally, the only requirement, when there's no current maintainer, is to step and do \
it. And then change the maintainer string in the aboutbox and in the various readme's \
in the source code.

Ceterum censeo lapsum particulorum probae delendum esse