List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Microsoft Binary File Format Plugfest
From:       Jaroslaw Staniek <staniek () kde ! org>
Date:       2010-10-19 9:14:33

On 19 October 2010 08:01, Marijn Kruisselbrink
<marijn.kruisselbrink@kogmbh.com> wrote:
> As some of you might know, I'm currently in Seattle/Redmond for the Microsoft
> Binary File Format Plugfest for the next two days. So I'd like to ask anybody
> that has issues/questions/problems with specific documents in any of the binary
> office file formats, or in general questions/problems with the binary file format
> specifications to let me know, so I can address these issues with microsoft
> people in the next two days.

Dear Marijn,
From me, the same question as always: we completely lack MS Access
file format (.mdb, .mde, and the newer .accdb)
specification/documentation.
Alternatively an export tool from binary to, say, an XML format would
somewhat solve this dramatic lack of interoperability.
For now even MS Access users cannot be owners of their own
source code (VBA), form designs, etc.

Kudos!

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek