List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Review Request: Add loading/saving support for user-defined
From:       Thorsten Zachmann <t.zachmann () zagge ! de>
Date:       2010-10-19 5:43:53

On Tuesday, October 19, 2010 06:17:00 am Robert Marmorstein wrote:
> > On 2010-08-24 05:54:04, Thorsten Zachmann wrote:
> > > The text:user-field-decls
> > >
> > >           <draw:text-box>
> > >
> > >             <text:user-field-decls>
> > >
> > >               <text:user-field-decl text:name="foo"
> > >               office:value-type="string"
> > >               office:string-value="tztztztz"/>
> > >
> > >             </text:user-field-decls>
> > >
> > > are saved with each text-shape which creates invalid ODF.
> > >
> > > According to the spec the
> > >
> > > The <text:user-field-decls> element is usable with the following
> > > elements: <office:chart> 3.8, <office:drawing> 3.5,
> > > <office:presentation> 3.6, <office:spreadsheet> 3.7, <office:text>
> > > 3.4, <style:footer> 16.11, <style:footer-left> 16.13, <style:header>
> > > 16.10 and <style:header-left> 16.12.
> > >
> > > I did not yet have a look on how this can be archived maybe you can
> > > take a look at how this can be archived. If you don't find a solution
> > > please let me know and I can help looking into it.
> >
> > Robert Marmorstein wrote:
> >     Hmm.  This is pretty serious.  Maybe I can do what I did with parsing
> >     and move this code up to the KoTextWriter class.
>
> Thorsten -- how did you generate the code snippet above?  In my test
> document, the user-field-decls is a child of the office:text element.  But
> it's a very simple test document.  I'd like to duplicate what you did so I
> can make sure any fix I come up with is correct...

It is quite some time past sice that I did that. If I remember I added some
code to kpresenter to be able to add a variable there and then added some text
shapes.
However you should be able to reproduce the same in kword when you add
additional text shapes to a page.

If you are not able to reproduce please let me know and I try to recreate the
code I used for that.

Have a nice day,

Thorsten