List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Bugs against the Essen branch
From:       Cyrille Berger <cberger () cberger ! net>
Date:       2010-09-23 13:16:59

On Thursday 23 September 2010, Inge Wallin wrote:
> On Thursday, September 23, 2010 14:09:10 Inge Wallin wrote:

> > > Yup, and this is totally acceptable.
> > >
> > > However, it is true that using bugzilla for bugs tested against that
> > > branch does not work well. Unless the bugs are correctly flaged as
> > > LATER or INFO.
> >
> > So, is this the consensus then?  To indeed add the bugs and use status
> > LATER? INFO seems strange to me since the info is supposed to be in the
> > bug already.
>
> I experimented a bit in bugs.kde.org with this. It turns out that all
> resolutions (RESOLVED: <something>) excludes the bug in question from
> relevant lists.  In other words, they are just as if they are not there \
> at all.
>
> Can't we just live with the minimal pain that a string in the bugreport
> says "tested against essen branch" and a small percentage of them are not
> reproducible in trunk? They will after all disappear very soon after the
> release of 2.3.

Frankly, what is hard with using https://bugs.kde.org/query.cgi to generate \
 this url:
https://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&short_desc_type=allwo \
rdssubstr&short_desc=&product=kword&long_desc_type=substring&long_desc=&bug_ \
file_loc_type=allwordssubstr&bug_file_loc=&keywords_type=allwords&keywords=& \
bug_status=RESOLVED&resolution=LATER&emailassigned_to1=1&emailtype1=substrin \
g&email1=&emailassigned_to2=1&emailreporter2=1&emailcc2=1&emailtype2=substri \
ng&email2=&bugidtype=include&bug_id=&votes=&chfieldfrom=&chfieldto=Now&chfie \
ldvalue=&cmdtype=doit&order=Reuse+same+sort+as+last+time&field0-0-0=noop&type0-0-0=noop&value0-0-0=

You can clean it up, if you want, by removing all the "blah=&" field.

The other way around, excluding from that query bugs that contains "tested
against essen branch" is not possible. And the answer to why it is annoying \
to  have bugs that are not for trunk in the list is that the list of \
koffice bugs is  our current TODO list, and I don't know how you work, but \
me, I don't have the  TODO item for next year on my TODO list for today.

--
Cyrille Berger