List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: text-on-shapes and EnhancedPathShape's text-areas attribute
From:       Thorsten Zachmann <t.zachmann () zagge ! de>
Date:       2010-09-23 2:37:16

On Wednesday 22 September 2010 08:46:30 Thomas Zander wrote:
> On Wednesday 22. September 2010 05.29.17 Thorsten Zachmann wrote:

> > > Hmm, okay. I'm not entirely convinced, but for now it will do.
> >
> > If I understood Thomas correctly there can be multiple different
> > decorators for a shape. That means that in the scenario described above
> > your patch will not work as
> >
> > +    KoTextOnShapeContainer* tosContainer =
> > dynamic_cast<KoTextOnShapeContainer*>(parent());
> >
> > will fail and thus the functionality you are implementing will not work
> > if D2 is the KoTextOnShapeContainer as it is not the parent in that
> > case.
>
> And my point was that this is correct and expected.

Looks like you lost me here. Why is it expected that the feature Marijn has
described should no longer work if there is an additional container between
the shape and the KoTextOnShapeContainer? It is still the EnhancedPathShape
that defines the where the area is in which the text should be put and that
needs to be updated when to it changes.

Thorsten