List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: koffice/plugins/textshape
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2010-09-21 21:04:32

On Tuesday 21. September 2010 22.37.58 Cyrille Berger wrote:
> On Tuesday 21 September 2010, Thomas Zander wrote:
> > I'm naturally in favour of disabling the vector shape in all koffice apps
> > and not  just in KWord because of the reasons I stated before, but thats
> > up to the other app maintainers, I guess.
>
> I don't think that continuing on that line, while the developer of the
> vector shape has indicated that the issue you have raised is going to be
> solved within the next few weeks is very helpful for motivating
> contributions to the project.

Maybe it was not clear that this was promised already quite some moons ago;
http://lists.kde.org/?l=koffice-devel&m=127237266424275&w=2
and nothin has been produced yet and also I don't see any efforts going on in
the direction of writing this. I even poked Inge a couple of times on IRC.

I'm fine with giving people the benefit of the doubt; just not indefinitely :)

> In case, Inge do not deliver, it is obvious
> that disabling the vector shape is the way to go.

Disabling the shape altogether sounds like an even better idea that I'd welcome
for sure.
--
Thomas Zander