--===============1733205633== Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary=0015174c3fc09c4c0904909c2490 --0015174c3fc09c4c0904909c2490 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 I also think that it would indeed be good. We are here in a bit of a particular case: some of our core developers are developing something as outside users. In this case things get a bit confusing. However, let's take a complete outsider company, who would want to develop an application (closed source at least temporary) based on our libs. If they would come asking (with a patch) to change our core API, we probably would ask them for some example usecases. Which means, not necessary their app but at least a good show case of how our classes would be used and why the change in API would be necessary. Pierre On Sun, Sep 19, 2010 at 1:10 PM, Boudewijn Rempt wrote: > On Sunday 19 September 2010, Thorsten Zachmann wrote: > > On Friday 17 September 2010 16:10:59 Inge Wallin wrote: > > > > > The patch by boud was a direct application of this: A need to use > > > QGraphicsView as a base for the canvas controller was identified, a > design > > > and implementation was proposed that satisfied that need, it was > > > discussed, Ok'ed and committed. > > > > > > It is true that not all of the feature is open source yet and therefore > not > > > visible. In this case I am fairly certain that it will be, but that is > a > > > little beside the point. The point is that we are letting our package > be > > > used as a platform, and we have decided to not only allow that but > > > actively encourage it. > > > > I think it would be good to have a test app in svn as long as there is no > > other usage of the code so that it is visible how the design works. It > should > > show how the design is used. With that everybody can have a look at the > design > > and no code needs to be made public which cannot be made public at the > moment. > > I can do that, no problem. It will be different from the code that hasn't > been released yet, since I don't think it's a good idea to base this test > app on libmeegotouch -- but it would still show that the design Marijn and > me came up with makes pretty cool things possible. > > -- > Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org > Ceterum censeo lapsum particulorum probae delendum esse > _______________________________________________ > koffice-devel mailing list > koffice-devel@kde.org > https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/koffice-devel > --0015174c3fc09c4c0904909c2490 Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I also think that it would indeed be good. We are here in a bit of a partic= ular case: some of our core developers are developing something as outside = users. In this case things get a bit confusing.

--

--0015174c3fc09c4c0904909c2490-- --===============1733205633== Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline _______________________________________________ koffice-devel mailing list koffice-devel@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/koffice-devel --===============1733205633==--