List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: koffice policies and copyright policy
From:       zander () kde ! org
Date:       2010-09-06 15:05:32

On Monday 6. September 2010 16.33.42 Inge Wallin wrote:
> On Monday, September 06, 2010 12:54:12 zander@kde.org wrote:
> > On Friday 3. September 2010 10.15.07 Cyrille Berger wrote:
> > > Also more the policy is more about being safe and conservative, than to
> > > be strictly accurate. Since as mentioned by the SFLC, a wrong copyright
> > > line is  just legally null, a missing one, however, is a legal threat.
> >
> > This is incorrect; you are limiting your view to the usage of the claim
> > to copyright as a defensive point to infringement.
>
> To say that an interpretation of law is "incorrect" when you are not a
> lawyer in your own jurisdiction is a very bold thing to do. It would be
> interesting to hear what you base this on.
> Many years ago I read a text from the FSF in their FAQ about the following
> scenario:
[snip quote]
> You could of course argue against this, but I would give you slim chances
> in  court.

I am not arguing against your quote, they are ortogonal to the mail you
replied to.
You are arguing we don't need the right to X because there are no known cases
where doing X happened (legally). Thats a logical fallicy.

Oh, your quote should probably be attributed using a link to the fsf site ;)
--
Thomas Zander