List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: koffice policies and copyright policy
From:       Cyrille Berger <cberger () cberger ! net>
Date:       2010-09-03 7:12:34

Hi,

A small ping on the subject of the copyright policy [1].

So far, in our discussion we have agreed on mostly everything, except the
copyright removal, there are two positions:

1) That you can remove the copyright if the person's contribution are gone
from the file (after discussion with the author)
2) That you never know, and that it is safer not remove the copyright without
the author agreement, or consulting a lawyer

Right now, four people have expressed their position, one person in favor of
1), and three of 2).

So at this stage of discussions, there is a majority in favor of 2), if there
is no further discussion, 2) will be adopted as the koffice policy. So if you
agree or disagree, now is the best time.

On a side note, I have heard from the CWG that they have proposed (or are
going to) the KDE ev to start writing a KDE wide copyright policy, when, or
if, such policy is made available, we will use it instead of our own.

[1] http://wiki.koffice.org/index.php?title=Policies/Copyright
--
Cyrille Berger