List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: release delay?
From:       Cyrille Berger <cberger () cberger ! net>
Date:       2010-08-27 17:51:34

Well to be honest, for this release, giving the amount of changes, I figured
out that writing release notes + changelog would take me as much time as doing
the coordination. But the last two days we had friends at home, and I didn't
manage to find the 5 minutes needed for doing even that, until now.

And frankly, point release tends to consume more coordination work than doing
the work directly. Where we could do so improvement is for major release (for
instance, the future 2.3.0 release), and if Inge wants the help of the promo
team, it is fine for me (and I assume everyone else). But I fear they would
face the problem as we currently face... we still need to get information from
the developers, in othe wordr, we need the list of new features to be added to
[1], and when we will launch the call for major changes (feature or bug fix) we
will need answers, otherwise we have to do with what information we have.

[1] http://wiki.koffice.org/index.php?title=Schedules/KOffice/2.3/Feature_Plan
--
Cyrille Berger