On Tuesday 10. August 2010 13.21.35 Jos van den Oever wrote: > In Qt 4.3, QtXmlStreamReader was introduced. It is an XML Pull Parser > (XPP), which is a type of parser that makes it easier to do piecemeal > parsing of an incoming stream. > > It is faster than QtXmlReader and might let us use less KoXmlElements > which would save memory while parsing. > > I'm looking into doing this conversion, probably by first removing all use > of QtXmlReader and then looking replacing calls like these > loadOdf(const KoXmlElement &element) > with > loadOdf(QtXmlStreamReader& reader) > where the reader is positioned at the start of an element. > > This is a huge task and I'd like to not endeavor on it without helpful > hints, so if you have warnings, good advice, or comforting words, I'd > like to hear them now. To register some of the points I made on IRC: QXmlStreamReader is stream based; as opposed to DOM based. That stream based approach will not make code more maintainable. It works for small projects, not for big ones. I tried it; its better than SAX, but its not nearly as good as DOM. next to that; replacing a major part like this is more a KOffice3 thing. getting koffice end-user-ready is a higher prio; this would do the opposite. -- Thomas Zander _______________________________________________ koffice-devel mailing list koffice-devel@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/koffice-devel