List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    msword-odf filter: How to Process Automatic Colors from MS Word
From:       Matus Uzak <matus.uzak () ixonos ! com>
Date:       2010-07-26 17:48:10

Hi,

I'm working on bug 239702 "Text not displayed in background color filled
page" in the .doc filter.
There's a problem that when you change the page background in MS Word and
don't choose a font color
or style with a font color defined, then it is set to Auto.

MS Word has a logic like this:

IF bg_color="black" THEN font_color="white"
IF bg_color="white" THEN font_color="black"
IF bg_color<"aaaaaa" THEN font_color="white"

According to [1], the fo:color attribute has data of type color, that is
an RGB color notation "#rrggbb",
where rr, gg and bb are 8bit hexadecimal digits.

There are two options:
1. Implement the MS Word like logic into the msword-odf filter.
2. Avoid using the fo:color attribute in the msword-odf filter for this
special case and implement
the logic into kword.  This would of course create a valid .odt so a logic
in kword would be good.

I would like to discuss this to select the approach preferred by the
community.

[1] Open Document Format for Office Applications (OpenDocument) version 1.2

matus

--
Matus Uzak
Software Designer