List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Substitute for the MSOOXML concept of Comments
From:       Carlos Licea <carlos_licea () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2010-07-15 19:56:53

On Jueves 15 Julio 2010 12:43:46 Jos van den Oever escribió:

> > Thank you Jos. This is exactly what we needed.
>
> Here is the issue:
> http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-3022
>
> > > that gets my vote too.
> > >
> > > Thorsten
> >
> > I'm very pleased you are in favor of this proposal. However, I do find it
> > odd, after all what we are going to do is no longer valid ODF, it seems
> > to me that you were more concerned with interoperability with OOo rather
> > than ODF in general.
>
> I think Thorsten thought being similar to MSOOXML was not a good idea when
> ODF has a near-working solution. The only change in the spec that is
> needed is to allow office:annotation in a draw:page.
I would disagree. That would imply that Thorsten knew that such half-baked
solution existed, but if he did know, he never mentioned it. In any case the
topic is settled now.

> Another solution would be to annotate specific part of the slide with RDF
> triples. RDF in ODF allows you to add any arbitrary data to any element
> that can is identified by an attribute of type ID.
>
> "Every XML element that is defined by this specification and has an
> attribute of type ID may be described ...".
>
> <draw:page> has attribute xml:id and hence any data, including comments,
> can be attached to it.
I already started reworking towards the officeooo:annotation, I would prefer
not to start over again. It's a cool idea, though. Albeit, I'm not totally
sure it would be the same thing, those annotations would require some other
container to be attached to, while officeooo:annotation is its own container.
--
Carlos Licea