List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Review Request: Remove QWidget from excel filter
From:       Carlos Licea <carlos_licea () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2010-07-11 22:17:37

On Domingo 11 Julio 2010 09:22:59 Thomas Zander escribió:
> On Saturday 10. July 2010 07.06.49 Mani N C wrote:
> > After doing lot of Google, I came up with this 0.75 factor. But couldn't
> > find how get DPI dynamically.
>
> Sorry for not using reviewboard;  just wanted to say that a filter is not
> targeting a specific machine, so it should not use DPI as the resulting
> file can be opened on any machine.
> I suggest using a common 96 dpi if you really need it.
There's no way around using somehow a DPI, any DPI, there's just no way in ODF
to save a relative size which is what we get from the MS format. So the
problem that the resulting file can be opened in a machine other than the one
which converted the file is just unsolvable right now.

Increasing the DPI would mean getting smaller values. I'm against that.
--
Carlos Licea