List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: [kde-artists] Fwd: QmlOfficeDemo
From:       zander () kde ! org
Date:       2010-07-06 15:49:37

Heya,

let me provide some background here.

The demo is a proof of concept to show what we can do with QML inside of
existing QWidget based applications.
QML is the future of writing graphical applications on any platform, many
designers have been very happy about the possibilities that it creates.

So, the question rises, how can we benefit from the new technologies right now.
In our current codebase. And this demo gives an answer to that.
The demo essentially implements a part of the UI in QML, while running in a
QWidget based application and showing a panel (the custom document part)
inside the QML that is again QWidget based.
All of this mixes perfectly without issues.

As a proof of concept its pretty simple, but the generic goal should become
clear; we have a way to create new QML based content and marry that with
existing applications. Create more fluid and dynamic applications on top of our
current foundations.

Naturally, the proof of concept is not finished. Its not meant to be production
code. So the issues that Jarosław found are not a big surprise to me.

It would be really cool to see this proof of concept be finished and integrated
into KOffice.

--
Thomas Zander