List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Google Online document Plugin for KOffice
From:       zander () kde ! org
Date:       2010-07-06 13:16:41

On Tuesday 6. July 2010 14.49.42 Mani N C wrote:
> I was travelling and couldn't access my mail.
> Let me add my 2 cents,
>
> I personally don't mind to put my code inside trunk or outside, if it goes
> with the application.
> I just have one question, Does plugin code in Kofficeplugin will remain
> there forever or After sometime should it be moved to trunk/plugin again ?
> Only thing i'm worried about is, I don't want my work to go wasted since it
> is inside the source repo. I would be really happy If this will also go
> with the official koffice package, even from kofficeplugin.

The thing I see happening in plasma is that cool plugins get packaged by
distributors early. Even before they are officially released.
But for sure the plugin should be at one point be released and that can happen
in the koffice repository.

> @ Dr.Robert Marmorstein: Yes, I would like to look in to your code. I
> couldn't find it in KOffice repo. Could you please send me the link to it?

The point of the kofficeplugins repo among others is to fix this issue; keep the
not-yet-finished plugins in one place. Allow better collaboration exactly like
this one :)

I think it helps a lot to make the plugin available as early as possible in
kofficeplugins for everyone to play with and to find and report issues. It would
give us all a get a good feel for how much work is left to do.
And when we think its ready for release on the millions of KOffice users, it can
be released as part of the koffice tarballs inside the plugins dir :-)

--
Thomas Zander