List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Google Online document Plugin for KOffice
From:       Cyrille Berger <cberger () cberger ! net>
Date:       2010-07-05 8:17:30

On Monday 05 July 2010, Inge Wallin wrote:
> > I'd much prefer not to split the community at all.
>
> Hmm, why would having some code in plugins/ and some code in
> plugins/staging  split the community?  I, as a community member, could
> still work on all the code in both directories, as well as all the rest of
> the code.
Yes, and it is the best solution if we choose the plugins to be developed
inside koffice repository. Because so far we have failed to correctly disable
the unfinished plugins from our releases, if everything is in a single
directory I can easily mark it to be removed from the release (the same way I
currently remove kivio and f-office).

I also agree we would need guidelines at the same time, some are obvious (like
saving/loading for shapes, or no crash at creation/display...).

An alternative solution would be to start a extensions,koffice.org website,
using the same infrastructure as extensions.krita.org. This would give
visibility to the external plugins (no matter where they are hosted), it
currently include a build dashboard. However, it would require me to finish the
website generation (currently it only have the compilation dashboard), and it
requires people to follow the dashboard.

--
Cyrille Berger