List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Proposal: retire the koffice mailing list
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2010-06-28 20:33:58

On Monday 28. June 2010 21.53.08 Cyrille Berger wrote:
> On Monday 28 June 2010, Thomas Zander wrote:
> > Does it hurt to keep it?
>
> Yes, if it is not used, it means people are less likely to get answer, or
> will have to wait longer.

If its not used that means people don't sent mails there, but we still have
many users (all kplato users for example) and many devs are subscribed there.
For that reason I don't agree with your conclusion that it should take longer
for people get no answer. Many people probably see an email before they see a
forum post. At least I do.
Looking at the archives your fear is also not what is happening.

> This is why we should encourage users to
> concentrate on widely used media, such as the forum.

I agree with that, but these two are not mutually exclusive.

You don't have to put time into the user list if you don't want to. If there
are no emails being sent to the list members don't get annoyed. Essentially I
don't understand the drive to take away the option for others to do things the
way it works for them. Especially if it doesn't harm you.

For the record, I'm on the list and I answer questions there whenever I can. Or
ask other devs if there is no answer.
--
Thomas Zander