List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: help with help menu :)
From:       Dag Andersen <danders () get2net ! dk>
Date:       2010-06-25 10:43:05

Torsdag 24 juni 2010 13:44:17 skrev Boudewijn Rempt:
> On Thu, 24 Jun 2010, Dag Andersen wrote:
> > I have noticed I have no longer any help menu in any of the koffice apps!
> > Is this just me?
> >
> > Digging into this I can see that the help menu was removed form
> > koffice_shell.rc a long time ago so that the definition in
> > ui_standards.rc should be used according to commit.
> >
> > AFAICS ui_standards.rc is never loaded because the revision in
> > koffice_shell.rc is higher (23) than in ui_standards.rc (16).
> > Upping the ui_standards.rc revission to 24 will get the ui_standards.rc
> > file loaded, but then I get *all* menu entries defined in this file
> > (Game, Move, Go etc).
> >
> > I'm getting a bit confused, so any pointers are appriciated!
>
> I noticed that the help menu disappears when a user customizes an
>  application, but I never digged as deep as you. I do remember David Revoy
>  complaining about getting a game menu in krita, though.
I managed to get all the menu entries from ui_standars.rc by setting its
revision higher than koffice_shell.rc revision. (Help menu is still there
though)
From a clean KDEHOME I get the the menus ok when I start first time and as long
as I don't configure the menu.
However, if I configure the toolbar, the menu/toolbar configuration is saved to
my local KDEHOME, which then will be used the next time I start the app.
The problem is afaics: it will save the configuration from either
koffice_shell.rc or ui_standars.rc picking the one with highest revision, into
my local koffice_shell.rc.

This looks a lot like broken design to me. Let's hope ui_standars.rc revision
doesn not overtake our koffice_shell.rc.

--
Mvh.
Dag Andersen