List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    wise men decision; text on shape
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2010-06-17 6:49:42

Hello wise men,

in http://reviewboard.kde.org/r/3988/ submitted over a month ago (15-5) there
are two new classes that are the basics of text on shape; the review is
explicitly saying that loading/saving is not part of this request (since that
needed collaboration between various KOffice members)

the wise men appeal is that this review is
a) blocked from committing as loading/saving is not part of it
b) the code in the review is reused in a review[1] from another member which
tries to do what I initially suggested; to build on top of my review.

I feel discriminated against by me not being allowed to commit my own work and
continue working on it for more than a month now. This goes against all the
values listed at the last koffice sprint of allowing mistakes and being
cooperative.

The review is being blocked because some code is missing, but the code that is
there is perfectly Ok. (as is shown by the fact that the new request reuses
it). I want to add more features and try out different approaches. But the effort
is not worth it if I can't get the basics in. :-(

Please advice.

1) http://reviewboard.kde.org/r/4322/
--
Thomas Zander