List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: workarround
From:       Carlos Licea <carlos_licea () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2010-06-09 23:53:31

> > "The document you are loading is not a valid ODF document. In order to
> > open this document KOffice had to resort to workarounds for the
> > following known bugs:
> > - openoffice all versions, bug 12345, "invalid use of tag x"
> > - openoffice <=3.0, bug 56789, "style info missing"
> > You should be aware that these workarounds can imply minor performance
> > and/or behavioural problems. Furthermore, we cannot garantee that all
> > these workarounds will be available in future KOffice releases."
>
> I really really like this idea.
>
> Thanks Pierre, well thought through, as always :)
I strongly disagree, why would the average user care? really, they just want
to open the document. If you

If you really, really, really want to do this do it in a non-intrusive way.
Must be a non-modal dialog; a bar like chrome  with a small description and
pointers to more information should be ok.

However I just don't understand why are you abjecting to this patch, it's
mostly harmless. As I said, we do it already on several other places.

Carlos Licea