List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Introduction of the Ixonos team
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2010-06-07 20:10:29

On Thursday 3. June 2010 16.07.07 Matus Uzak wrote:
> We somehow missed the chance to introduce ourself to the community on the
> project start and we sorry about that.
> I hope we can still be a part of the KOffice community. :)

Just picking this one mail for all the ixonos guys :)

I am very happy to see this introduction, its never to late to work together.
I'd really like to see you guys grow into full community members and I think we
are on our way already. This is certainly a great step!

The basic rule here is, treat others like you want to be treated :) So if you
see any new user, an older community member or a colleague ask a question,
please see if its something you know and please answer. Don't worry about being
perfect or right, mostly right is fine. What matters is that we are there for
each other.

Unfortunately most of the oldest community members do this completely in their
spare time so it may take some extra time to reply to questions, but I think
they are all eager to try and help anyway. I know I am.
One thing may help when posting review requests, is to take extra time to
document stuff (links to bugzilla etc) and run unit tests etc etc to avoid the
guys that are doing this in their spare time having to do so. I mean, you guys
do this full time, we don't :) Anyway, thats just a suggestion.

Welcome guys, please feel at home :)
--
Thomas Zander