--===============0551801827== Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary=000e0cd4cfda52d32c0487a434a1 --000e0cd4cfda52d32c0487a434a1 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 2010/5/27 Thomas Zander > You replied on the mailinglist and not on the review request, please in > future > keep the conversation in one place by replying to the review request. > Yes, sorry, I though that was the way we proceed when we begin to discuss some points, and not directly the patch reviewed, my bad. > > > > On Wednesday 26. May 2010 09.57.07 you wrote: > > > So you are saying the ToC should not be updated when its loaded? > > Yes, I am. > > > > > I disagree if thats what you are saying, the ToC has to be updated > because > > > page numbers may not be correct. In fact we need to also make sure the > > > ToC is regenerated before saving and printing to make totally sure the > > > page numbers are correct. > > > > I really do agree for the pages but not only page numbers are updated, > but > > all the lines of the ToC are regenerated, that's what is bad. > > Thats expected. I see no reason why that would be bad. > It is bad, because kword is not adapted at all with the outline level, so, it loads empty tocs... > > > So, if the outline number is not correctly set (yes, kword is totally > wrong > > in this way) we load empty ToC instead of the good one. > > I know, there are many many bugs in ToC generation right now. The ToC is > generated for an A4 width and won't work on any other width, for instance. > We > don't have any unit tests for this feature either. > All these bugs need to be fixed before we can ship this new feature in an > actual > KOffice release. > It does make sense. > > At least my patch fixed this ! > > I plan to disable ToC Generation for the upcoming release if it doesn't do > the > basic things correctly. But only at the time of release. So in trunk we can > see > stuff going wrong, and we can fix it. > Go ahead. > Working around it with your patch will make basic functionality even worse. > If > a user adds a new chapter it should definitely be shown in the ToC. Which > becomes impossible with your patch. > > I think its important to aim for the correct solution and release the > feature > only when its done. So your suggestion to disable this will end up being > done > for 2.3 by me as I agree with you that the current behavior is bad. > Ideally we can fix all the issues before that date so I don't have to > disable > it :) > > -- > Thomas Zander > _______________________________________________ > koffice-devel mailing list > koffice-devel@kde.org > https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/koffice-devel > --000e0cd4cfda52d32c0487a434a1 Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

You replied on the mailinglist and not on the review request, please in fut= ure
keep the conversation in one place by replying to the review request.

Yes, sorry, I though that was the way we proceed when w= e begin to discuss some
points, and not directly the patch reviewed, my = bad.
=A0

On Wednesday 26. May 2010 09.57.07 you wrote:
> > So you are saying the ToC should not be updated when its loaded?<= br> > Yes, I am.
>
> > I disagree if thats what you are saying, the ToC has to be update= d because
> > page numbers may not be correct. In fact we need to also make sur= e the
> > ToC is regenerated before saving and printing to make totally sur= e the
> > page numbers are correct.
>
> I really do agree for the pages but not only page numbers are updated,= but
> all the lines of the ToC are regenerated, that's what is bad.

Thats expected. I see no reason why that would be bad.
=A0
It is bad, because kword is not adapted at all with th= e outline level, so, it loads empty tocs...
=A0

> So, if the outline number is not correctly set (yes, kword is totally = wrong
> in this way) we load empty ToC instead of the good one.

I know, there are many many bugs in ToC generation right now. The ToC= is
generated for an A4 width and won't work on any other width, for instan= ce. We
don't have any unit tests for this feature either.
All these bugs need to be fixed before we can ship this new feature in an a= ctual
KOffice release.
=A0
It does make sense.
=

> At least my patch fixed this !

I plan to disable ToC Generation for the upcoming release if it doesn= 't do the
basic things correctly. But only at the time of release. So in trunk we can= see
stuff going wrong, and we can fix it.

Go ahead.=A0

--
Thomas Zander