List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: wishlist bugs and community management
From:       Inge Wallin <inge () lysator ! liu ! se>
Date:       2010-05-13 19:50:47

On Thursday 13 May 2010 21:40:27 Thomas Zander wrote:
> On Sunday 18. April 2010 15.09.21 Cyrille Berger wrote:
> > Please, do not close bugs on bugzilla for now because you consider they
> > are  invalid and should be reported to the brainstorm section of the
> > forum, we are still discussing the subject. One of the reason we haven't
> > come back to you is that I don't think it is an "urgent" matter, and
> > reflection time is needed to take a good decision.
>
> Its been again a month. With only boudewijn objecting and still not
> executing any of the alternative solutions.

For the record: I was also objecting since I think the bugs are valuable.  I
also sent a formal request to the Wise Men Council at the time which they
chose not to answer for 3.5 weeks now.  This is too long to get a decision
even if it's considered "not urgent".

When somebody appeals to the WMC, I expect the reply to be quick, either that
it's not important or with a decision.

> Can we please stop this incredible amount of stop energy?
>
> People want to do work, it would be nice if that was not forbidden.

Nobody is forbidding anybody to work.  But it would be nice if we could work
in the same direction.  If we can't agree within the larger group which that
direction is, then the smaller group that we together agreed to rely on and
appointed has to step in.  Within a week, if you ask me.