List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Review Request: Add read-write / read-only switch to flake
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2010-05-06 7:57:55

On Wednesday 5. May 2010 17.41.37 Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Friday 30 April 2010, you wrote:
> > > On 2010-04-26 05:37:40, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> > Ok, you disagree on the approach I took based on its fragile. So I made
> > it not fragile in the update. Did you notice stuff is essentially
> > disabled now unless the dev does something different? Sounds like an
> > easier way to get viewer capability than creating a new texttool etc. :)
>
> I am still not convinced that this approach is ok. Putting the shared
> functionality in a base text tool and having an extended r/w text tool as a
> subclass is still something I like better.

I don't see how that can work. More directly, what does that have to do with
the closing of the bug that documents (all koffice document types) can be edited
in read-only kparts?
Also, to make sure this is clear; this is not just about the text tool, this is
about all tools.

> But I haven't had time to go into it in depth this week since I'm in
> Bangalore and doing a lot of teaching. However, this issue is one thing
> that's up for tomorrow's in-depth discussions with the Nokia intern team,
> so I'm going to discuss the requirements and your patch Lassi and the rest
> of the team and do a bit of thinking about it.

Thanks for bringing it up with Nokia internal teams, but please explain why
thats relevant. I mean, I don't need permission from your employees to fix a
KOffice bug that affects all KDE/KOffice users.

--
Thomas Zander