List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: branches/work/koffice-ko/kword/part
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2010-04-27 7:05:33

On Tuesday 27. April 2010 07.31.02 Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Tuesday 27 April 2010, Thomas Zander wrote:

> > > People working on unfinished features in this branch -- they started
> > > working on it before trunk opened
> >
> > The commit only changes the default, a default only used when starting
> > kword for the very first time. Typically also changed by a packager.
> > Definitely something a user can configure later for him/herself.
> >
> > With that in mind I asked the simple question.

> > > Why do you ask?
> >
> > Forking is bad, I don't want to assume bad intention so I ask the
> > question. I want to know for sure and I don't want to assume anything
> > that may have a perfect explanation.
> >
> > Thanks for one answer, can you answer the second question too? This can
> > be a very brief little thread then, hopefully :)
>
> Of course not, i think it's a silly question.

There is no such thing as silly questions. Please allow everyone to ask the
things on their mind. Its a great way to get people to not assume bad things
because they got an answer.
To be clear; there was no accusation in this at any time.

Anyway, thanks for answering :)

> What isn't a silly question
> is and what has been asked two times already, and which you deleted when
> quoting my mail

It was avoiding answering my question by bringing up a query towards me. It was
thus steering the topic away, something is I think should be avoided in
friendly discussion.

> is:
>
> Why did you turn of the formula shape and the vector shape for KWord?
>
> Could you make clear why you did that?

To avoid loading the plugins that are not ready for users to see.
--
Thomas Zander