List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Horizontal text scale in kotext (KoCharacterScale)
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2010-04-24 9:18:00

On Saturday 24. April 2010 11.07.38 Jaroslaw Staniek wrote:
> Hi,
> I am looking for info on how it could be possible to add horizontal
> character scaling (ODF style:text-scale). It is supported at
> KoCharacterScale via KoCharacterStyle::TextScale, but probably is not
> rendered. The only method I found relevant to text scaling in Qt is
> QFont::setStretch( int factor ), but this is different layer.
> Any hints? Should we wait for improvements in Qt, or?

I tried to add this in Qt (QTextFormat) but soon realized that would be an
effort of futility since the QFont method you see is not all that useful.  Try
it, you likely won't like the effects. (I tried it on qt45 linux)
I don't think its a Qt bug, but lower levels.

This is one of those properties that are likely going to be too hard to do at
this point in time. (choose your battles wisely ;)
--
Thomas Zander