List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Quality control for 2.2 and unit tests
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2010-04-21 10:24:43

On Wednesday 21. April 2010 11.46.00 Cyrille Berger wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We still have many tests failure on koffice [1], since we are closing in on
> the 2.2 release, I would like to gather information on what is needed to
> solve them, or if we can ignore them.

My 2Nok below,

> * koffice/kword/part/tests/TestRdf
> Is RDF stuff released as part of 2.2 ?

Talking with Jos yesterday rdf seems to work better with a newer soprano, the
one that is part of kdesupport in kde4.3 (which IIRC is the latest we require)
gives failures (thats what the test build uses), the one that is part of
kde4.4 makes the test pass.
My suggestion is to turn off RDF when a too old soprano is found.
The docker in KWord is rather useless and buggy and since it was never
actually enabled by monkeyIq I'm probably going to disable that for 2.2.

> * koffice/kformula/flake/tests/TestLoad
> * koffice/kformula/flake/tests/TestLoadAndSave
> * koffice/kformula/flake/tests/TestLayout
> Not sure what to do with kformula, since no one is working on it at the
> moment. Some failures seems harmless, but other are more worrying (like
> index out of bound).

Was any work done in KFormula in the 2.2 cycle? If not, and IIRC we didn't
release it in 2.1, I suggest not releasing it in 2.2 either.
If nothing changed, the decision to not ship it can stay, no?

> * koffice/krita/image/tests/KisFilterTest
> Crash, unfortunately not reproducible by krita devs.

Crash?
'TestUtil::compareQImages(pt, refImage, dst1Image)' returned FALSE. ()

> * koffice/libs/kotext/opendocument/tests/TestLoading

There is one regression and the rest is new (table) test documents being added
that don't yet work.
Would be nice if the one regression was fixed, for sure. The rest is fine to not
pass. I'm not working on ODF stuff myself.

> * koffice/plugins/textshape/tests/TestTableLayout
> Anyone working on those ?

This is not a regression, it started failing when upgrading to Qt4.6 due to
the tables code using font metrics while it should not. So it was always wrong
I'm willing to ignore this one for the 2.2 release cycle.

--
Thomas Zander