List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Don't publish wv2 from koffice: request for approval to commit
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2010-03-29 17:02:45

On Mon, 29 Mar 2010, Rex Dieter wrote:

> Shaheed Haque wrote:
>
> > I'd like to request approval to commit to trunk during the current
> > freeze this change:
> >
> > http://reviewboard.kde.org/r/3437/
> >
> > The idea is to prevent the copy of wv2 in koffice from conflicting
> > with, or being confused with, the original copy from Sourceforge.
>
> What was the purpose of bundling it with koffice in the first place?
> Continued development?  forking?

The msword-odf filter and wv2 need to be developed in tandem: new features
need changes in both. It was very inconvenient to ask people to update and
compile wv2 from source every other day, and since the original goal of sharing
wv2 with abiword failed, and there were no other users of wv2, we pulled in the
code again.

Boudewijn