List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Missing ODF features -- bugs or wishes
From:       Cyrille Berger <cberger () cberger ! net>
Date:       2010-03-25 9:25:56

On Thursday 25 March 2010, Thomas Zander wrote:
> On Thursday 25. March 2010 09.22.38 Inge Wallin wrote:
> > > to get that 3rd party development going we can't mix ideas that can
> > > only be done by us with ideas that can be done by everyone.
> >
> > This is where we disagree. I do think we can.  But we can certainly make
> > it  clear by e.g. comments in the bug that we think that something is
> > possible to build externally.
>
> Then the question becomes why do you value having control over these wishes
> so much?
Why do you think we control them ? It is more about having a central place
where you can find everything.

> Letting it flourish outside of the main project is certainly much
> healthier.
>
> Its a proven method, why change that?
I do not think that scattering information is a proven method, furthermore, it
seems KDE has been doing the opposite and is working on centralizing
information on a few website.

--
Cyrille Berger